Thursday, May 24, 2018

New Review! Goal Keeper (A Pearson Players Novel) by Sarah Nego 5 Cranky Stars

Goal Keeper: A Pearson Players novelGoal Keeper: A Pearson Players novel by Sarah Nego
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


I absolutely LOVED this sweet telling of a young romance. It was one of those stories that brought me back to my early adult years about falling in love while trying to find myself as an adult. I was completely captivated by this heartwarming romance.


Luci Ryder is a freshman at Pearson, attending on a sports scholarship as the new goalie for the ladies soccer team. Everything about Luci’s dreams and future is riding on her sports and academic scholarships to get her through college to achieve her dreams. She is determined to allow nothing and no one to get in the way of her focused determination. But she wasn’t planning on Ryan, the dreamy, black haired soccer stud from the men’s soccer team.


Ryan VanKemp is a junior at Pearson. He is ready to kick off the new school year as a newly single man. He is ready to make this year the best one yet. He isn’t tied down and he is ready to spend his free time expanding his social life and kicking butt at soccer. He isn’t ready to be tied down after realizing he had a horrible girlfriend in the girl’s team captain Vanessa. But he wasn’t prepared for the new goal keeper with big beautiful brown eyes and hair named Luci to walk out onto the field to steal the show and his heart.


Snobby rich girl Vanessa is out to make Ryan pay for their break up and throws in a HUGE wedge between both soccer teams. No Dating or Fraternizing allowed between both teams. If she can’t have Ryan then no one can.


This story was absolutely perfect. It felt real, as if I was right there with Luci and Ryan and attending Pearson alongside them. I felt everything they felt. I wished for everything they did, and I anxiously anticipated Vanessa’s wrath as both Ryan and Luci tried to get through the soccer season to achieve their dreams in life and tried desperately not to fall in love and become the spotlight in Vanessa’s vengeance. It was a sweet telling of true love, big dreams, and finding the path that would lead them to the future they hoped for. It was a romantic story with warming love scenes and heartfelt moments that broke your heart. The author wrote the story beautifully. It was a great pace that kept the story moving fluently and drew you into it to bring to life the realism that this story crafted.


I give this story 5 out of 5 stars. Ryan and Luci have quickly become one of my favorite couples. I would definitely say they make the top ten.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home