Tuesday, March 13, 2018

New Review! Outcast by Jamie Schlosser 4.5 Cranky Stars

OUTCASTOUTCAST by Jamie Schlosser
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


I will gladly admit once I picked up Outcast I couldn’t put it down. I flew through the pages trying to take my time but needing to find out how this story would end. At times it made my heart soar and at times it made my heart sad.


Kayla has an unconventional life to some. The adopted daughter to two gay men she is just trying to blend. She doesn’t want to be known as the girl with mixed heritage and crazy curly hair. The first day she meets Ezra her heart is his sadly they don’t realize this till much later when she discovers his faithful companion his sketch pad. They decide to meet up at the college they are both attending and that’s when lives change.


Ezra has been called many things but never been someone’s boyfriend. The cruel kids call him fat and a cripple. Ezra suffered a tragic fall when he was a child that resulted in his leg breaking and multiple surgeries. His only therapy is drawing the beautiful Kayla. To him she is perfect. He doesn’t want to be known for having limitations when he goes to college so he pledges and this turns out to be the worst mistake ever. The only light is that him and Kayla have come together and forge a strong bond.


This book! People! It deals with some sensitive subjects but the love of these two shines over everything. They just fit. I absolutely love the support of the gay dads. Pierre you magnificent service dog you stole my heart. I’m normally a cat person. I’m so happy Ezra and Kayla came out on the other side stronger and so much better. It’s certainly a love that has spanned several long years. Read this if you love books with heart and a message.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home