Tuesday, December 26, 2017

New Review! Begin Again Anthology 5 Cranky Stars

Begin Again: An AnthologyBegin Again: An Anthology by A.M. Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


I’ve always been a strong supporter of mental healthcare. Even in modern times while it’s so widely accepted it’s also so taboo. We suffer in silence, we doubt our existence and we wonder if we could have helped someone who suffered silently to just suddenly end it all. I have experience this all first hand for I suffer with mental illness and have been touched by suicide that even 4 years later I still cry and wonder what if and how didn’t I see it?


AM Johnsons story really resonated with me. Anna Josh is an outsider with dark thoughts until she meets a boy who pulls her out of her despair. It’s about how we get stuck in the rut and while we may think and doubt ourselves there is always someone to help anchor you. The Tides of Life by Josephine Brierley we see the journey of a wedding planner coping with the loss of her one true love and trying to find love again. Telling herself it’s ok to move on you aren’t tarnishing a memory if you do. KK Allen even gives up a glimpse into the Dangerous Hearts world with Wolf and Lyric. M Never gives us a story of miscarriage and loss and having an angel appear just when you need it.


This anthology brings us all a little something. From PTSD, suicide, and depression. I had tears at time and some stories just hit me in the soul. I’ve had so many of these feelings and I think this will be a good book for many. Rather you suffer from this or know someone who does its good insight and makes you feel not so alone. Smile big beautiful souls there will always be a light maybe not now but there will be. All proceeds of this book go to suicide prevention charities.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home