Tuesday, August 29, 2017

New Review! Hidden by Shalini Boland 5 Cranky Stars

Hidden (Marchwood Vampires, #1)Hidden by Shalini Boland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


I initially bought this book because the cover and synopsis drew me in. I need a change in genre and this was the way to go. This was my first book by this author and I was captivated from page one.


Madison is a down on her luck foster child. Along with her brother Ben they bounce from place to place. Their current home isn't the absolute best with an alcoholic foster dad and a mother who works herself to the bone. Madison acts out at school which results in dire consequences. She is approached by a young man who has news to change her life. With a vast inheritence and a beautiful estate home she makes some grisly discoveries.


One minor act changes Alexandres life. He and his siblings are sent on an artifact finding mission with their family. They are basically exiled by the family he did wrong. In the vast deserts and caves of Turkey they embark on a journey. A journey that will have tragic consequences. You see Alexs story takes place in the 1800s. You see his life and how he became to be and how he adapts to the present.


This story is a melding of past and present and a converging of futures. How Madison and Alexandra came to be and their connection. I think this story was blended well. I'm usually not a fan of stories that take place way back in time but in this case it kept me very very interested till the very last page.


I loved how Madison grew into a more responsible adult even though she was 17. She had her brother to take care of who by the way was a very funny caring kid. The only problem I think some might have is the fact that this book is the dialogue. It is written in the British form with their sayings and such. It truly didn't distract from the story though you just kind of adapted to the sayings and the way of speaking. It's a good YA vampire story from beginning to end. I can't wait to pick up book two to see where this ragtag family ends up.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home