Monday, January 2, 2017

New review! Vicious by L.J. Shen, 4.5 Cranky Stars

Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)Vicious by L.J. Shen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

**** 4.5 Cranky Stars ****



I've been staring at my screen for several minutes trying to figure out how to explain how this book made me feel and I've come to the conclusion that you have to read it to fully experience it. It was information overload and it wrecked your heart. I honestly didn't know how to feel.



Baron "Vicious" Spencer, in my opinion, was a sociopath. The man was cruel and heartless.



Every barb and cold look he gave Emilia I felt it as if it was my own. He owned the town they lived in and everyone in it. He had a group of best friends but even those friends never truly knew the scope of his life...his sad childhood and the cruel things that went on behind the doors of his pretentious childhood home.



Now older and part of a multi-million dollar business with these childhood friends, he's even more cruel and calculating.



Emilia first came to the town Vicious owned when she was 17. Her parents were given a job at the mansion. She endured Vicious attitude and his hatred toward her. She was a free spirit an artist. She had so many dreams and he crushed them all.



Vicious and Emilia or "Help" as he calls her meet again in their adult life and things are still the same except with underlying attraction rearing its head. She agrees to help him despite it being the worst idea ever.



This book made me angry. There was a few things that bothered me. Like what the heck was HotHoles? I was thinking something sexual every time. This book at times did seem to drag with so much information and it was like where is all this mess going.



Having said that, all in all well done making it all come together in the end. I can't wait to read the other stories. 




View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home