Tuesday, January 17, 2017

New Review! Damaged Love by Riann C Miller, 3 Cranky Stars


Damaged LoveDamaged Love by Riann C. Miller
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



3 Cranky Stars

This is the first book that I have read by Author Riann C. Miller. It centers around:



Jett is a sexy, Alpha, rich male that can melt the panties right off of a woman. He's learned the hard way that most women only want him for his money and prestige. It makes it difficult for him to find someone who wants to get to know the real Jett.



Rachel is beautiful, care free, kind, and loves life. Unfortunately, her family is dysfunctional in a very unhealthy way. Jett meets Rachel and falls hard for her. Rachel has secrets that she can't share with Jett, which cause them to go their separate ways.



Years later, they meet by coincidence and the sparks are still there. Jett is determined to find out the truth, but Rachel has other obligations that might keep them apart.



I have to admit it: I love second chance romances, but it took me awhile to get into the book. In the beginning, it was a real struggle to keep my interest. The book picks up the pace about a fourth of the way through where I started to really enjoy the storyline and the characters. In fact, I stayed awake to finish it.



I can only give this book 3 stars because it was just an okay read to me. I'm all for the slow burn, but the front seemed to drag for too long. I think it's important that you get your readers' attention in the first few pages so they are wanting to read more. I felt like the storyline could have flowed better and it felt rushed in parts.



This book has great potential. If the author trimmed the front to hook the reader at the beginning, I would have rated it much higher.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home