Sunday, December 11, 2016

New Review! Private by Xavier Neal, 3.5 Cranky Stars

PrivatePrivate by Xavier Neal
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



*** 3.5 Cranky Stars ***


Wes is a very private person. No one outside of his household staff has seen his face in 10 years. One moment changed his life forever and now he is the billionaire recluse personified.



Brynley is outgoing and outspoken. She says what's on her mind regardless of who she offends. She's strong, funny and quirky.



This is a modern day adaptation of Beauty and the Beast. While the story was good, I think the thesaurus was overused in the first half of the book. I can understand and appreciate using different words, but not at the expense of the reader. There were several words that I had to actually look up because I've never heard them before.



We've marked this 3.5, but it's more a 4 than a three. If some issues were fixed or tightened in this book, it would be a solid 4, which detracted from the overall quality of the book. There are some minor errors that are easily curable, but the book was a little verbose in parts.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home