Wednesday, December 21, 2016

New Review! The Dollhouse by Nicole Thorn, 5 Cranky Stars

The DollhouseThe Dollhouse by Nicole Thorn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

**** 5 Stars ****



"I was a paper doll that wanted to be a real girl, but I didn’t know how."



"Doll. I looked like a doll because I was designed to look like a doll."



I'm going to try and do this book justice without any spoilers. Nicole Thorne did a fantastic job of conveying all the emotions rolling through her characters. This is a story that I feel needed to be told from the victims POV.



Riley had a normal loving childhood until she's kidnapped at age 12. Forced into a life sized dollhouse and made to look and act like a doll for her master.



She's not alone as there are other girls who were taken as well. Horrible and unthinkable acts happen and in one courageous moment they escape and are free. But are they really free?



The walls are still there, freedom is a myth and her parents are locking her down to keep her safe. Riley went from one prison to another. Her parents are trying to keep her safe but at what cost.

"Was I even a person to her anymore, or just some ghost that resembled her long lost daughter?"



Wilson is the boy next door. He and Riley become fast friends and connect on a level that allows both of them to feel alive. He doesn't feel like he's good enough for Riley but he just can't stay away.



This story broke my heart and made it soar. This roller coaster ride had me flipping and spinning all over the place and I would read it again just to feel. 



I highly recommend this book and look forward to reading more from Nicole Thorne.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home