Sunday, December 11, 2016

New Review! Blood to Dust by L.J. Shen, 4 Cranky Stars

Blood to DustBlood to Dust by L.J. Shen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

L.J. Shen is one of my go-to authors when I want something fast paced and action filled. Do I have to suspend disbelief? Yes, but that's what makes it fun.



Prescott: damaged and out for revenge.



Beat: nothing in life has been easy, including his latest assignment - holding Prescott hostage.



Somewhere in the dank and dark, they find each other. Two lost souls who might not be perfect, but at least they're fair.



Shen has a particular gift at creating characters who do horrible things, but essentially, have enough good in them for you to cheer for.



Her bad characters are loathsome creatures and I sped through this book hoping that justice not necessarily be swift, but takes place.



There are a couple of issues that bugged me. The repetitive aspects about beauty and weather metaphors. I got it the first couple of times and afterward, they became over done. Her finding his POV in a diary, which read more like a flashback than actual diary entries.



In saying that, I like Shen's quirky humor and off-beat takes in her work. I'll be waiting to read the next one she produces.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home