Thursday, September 29, 2016

New Review! Pistol Fanny's Hank & Delilah by Annie Rose Welch, 2 Cranky Stars

Pistol Fanny's Hank & DelilahPistol Fanny's Hank & Delilah by Annie Rose Welch
My rating: 2 of 5 stars



** 2 Cranky Stars **

I found this book a conundrum.



The story line was interesting, a group of 12 year olds are witness to a dual murder. It goes on to change and shape each boy's life as they grow up. The main character, Hank, is caught in the middle of an all girl bank robbery and falls instantly in love with the leader of the gang.



He proceeds to chase after her eventually involving all his friends. The story is filled with many colorful characters who are a mix between Annie get your Gun and Bonny and Clyde.



The way the story was told, however, did not appeal to me. It is rife with cliches and and analogies. I felt as if I was reading a screen play for an OLD PI movie. In my opinion large portions were over dramatized and read more like prose than a story. In many places the author also repeated a word three times, almost like the refrain of a song and then just to put the cherry on the cake with my biggest trigger, typos and errors, to the extent that on more than one occasion I had to reread an entire paragraph and still not make sense of it.



I rate the book as a whole 2/5 stars

View all my reviews

1 Comments:

At November 19, 2020 at 4:47 AM , Blogger watsoon said...

thanks for the tips and information..i really appreciate it..
Staccato 2011® Pistols

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home