Friday, September 30, 2016

New Review! Fever (Songbird #1) by Melissa Pearl, 5 Cranky Stars

Fever (Songbird, #1)Fever by Melissa Pearl
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



***** 5 Stars *****

Brace yourself...because you’re about to fall in love.



After two years of being apart, Ella finally moved across the country to be with her high school sweetheart David. College in UChicago was different to her community college. And David wasn’t the same boy she fell in love with.



Or was it her who changed?



Heartsick and feeling out of sorts, Ella felt like she was just stumbling along in a lonely, foggy forest singing soulful tunes...until somebody sang with her from across the shower wall. A voice so perfectly in tune with hers, it captured her heart from the very first note.



But she loved David and surely she couldn’t be falling for another man? Especially to one she hasn’t even met in person?



To make matters worse, David’s roommate, Cole, appeared on the scene and was everything Ella hoped for a man to be while David continued to treat her with disregard, alienating her more and more. Still, that singing voice beckons.



She fought long and hard but sometimes fate deals you with a different card.



The story itself isn’t earth-shattering. The plot is not complicated. And I didn’t even cry while reading it. It’s just a simple love story.



So, why am I gushing over it? It’s because it oozes love with every page I turned. I fell in love. It was that simple. So sweet and beautiful. I finished it deep in the night and I went to sleep with that dreamy feeling.



Fever is the first book I’ve read by Melissa Pearl. It definitely won’t be my last. Highly recommended.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home