Wednesday, June 1, 2016

New Review! Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things by Martina McAtee, 5 Cranky Stars

Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (Dead Things, #1)Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things by Martina McAtee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

Witches, wolf shifters, a soul eater, reapers, a banshee, a fairy, a re-animator and even a few humans........all in one awesome, big, entertaining book with an unusual name. The name by the way becomes clear just a few chapters into the book.



The characters are all endearing and well developed. I became quite involved in their joys and angst (most of them are teens) and experienced several laugh out loud moments.



The story revolves around three cousin: Ember and twins Tristen and Kai, their fledgling powers, their loves and hates.There is nothing predictable about this story and it twists and turns abound.



This book is a feast for lovers of the paranormal/urban fantasy genre and I highly recommend it.



This is the first book in the series and it ends not really on a cliff hanger,but rather with hope and a promise for what is to come.



I can hardly wait for book two to arrive. If I had 10 stars to allocate I would, but only having 5 that is what it gets.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home