Saturday, April 23, 2016

New Review! Storms over Secrets, JA DeRouen, 5 Cranky Stars




Promises are lies dressed up for the party. Secrets poison the fairest of fairy tales. Lies stain the purest of loves. I’ve paid the ultimate price for my choices. The tendrils of those sins bind me to my past. The remnants of my love hold me captive. Then he walks into my life, and makes me believe in second chances. He awakens feelings in me I know I shouldn’t have. I yearn for a future without guilt. With him, I dream of a love untainted. Regret is a far-reaching emotion. It barrels through time like a blazing comet, and its path isn’t always straight. No matter what I feel, I cannot bring myself to regret the time I’ve spent with Cain. But it doesn’t mean I can have him. My name is Celia Lemaire and this is my story of broken promises.

Celia Lamaire has paid the ultimate price for her choices.  Her sins are bound so tight that her past holds her captive. A promise that Celia feels she can't break.

Cain Bennett appears in Celia's life offering promises of a second chance. Feelings she thought were gone forever resurface. Hope starts to overshadow the pain, but regret and guilt won't let her move forward, or so she feels.
I was sucked into this story just as I was the first two. I was on the edge of my seat until the last page.
With all of the dynamics of the characters I highly recommend you read the first two books. The author uses both Cain and Celia's POV's which gives you an undeniable understanding of how they feel. Share in their laughter and tears and yes, their love.

I can’t wait to read more from this author. Her characters are relatable and the situations are real. Be prepared to ride the emotional roller-coaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home