Saturday, April 23, 2016

New Review! Crushed Gardenias by Heather Osborne, 5 Cranky Stars



Wow what a great short story. If I could give it five stars plus ten more.  

Loved the way the author allowed the reader into the minds of the victim and the police women.  Loved the start it grabbed me and held me through to the last page.  

From the idea that a serial killer would target young girls and leave a gardenia at the crime scene was brilliant.  I need to see more of Agent Hatting; she is compassionate yet tough as she solves the case of the virgin killer. 

Her best friend is the coroner which makes for an interesting give and take.  There is obviously something else in that relationship, but it is never divulged.

The little girl, Grace, whose mind we are privileged to peek into really is wonderfully created.  She is scared, hungry and unsure of anything accept that her sister did not follow her.  

The author’s talent is incredible she tells the story with precise words so the reader can follow at ease.  I love that the story not only explains the first scene but also gives a sense of the mind of the killer too while tying up loose ends.  

Even though the story could stand alone and be complete, I am apparently not alone in my wanting to know more about the FBI agent and her cases as well as the dynamics of her and the coroner since the book The Fairest of Them is dedicated to the readers who wanted more. 

 I can’t wait to read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home