Saturday, April 23, 2016

New Review! Campaigning for Christopher by Katy Regnery, 5 Cranky Stars




I've loved all Katy Regnery's books, but this one is something special. 

Julianne "Jules" Crow has Native American heritage. Her Lakota culture comes with strong familial ties and a pride in who she is. Her character leaps off the page, as does her strength and quiet conviction in her beliefs.

Christopher "Chris" Winslow is, as Mary Poppins said: practically perfect in every way. He's got looks, money, and a heart. He is a champion of the underdog: the under privileged and minorities. He's never better than when he is with Jules.  

The struggle to find love and accept trust, especially in complicated circumstances, is explored in depth in this story. When conflicts arise, misunderstandings, and differing points of view, the two must work together and find out what really matters.

This book made me run the full gamut of emotions. I cheered for people I didn't think I would. I sided with the bad guy and wanted to strangle the good guy some times. I also felt seething, hot rage. It's the mark of a good author.
Highly recommended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home